Monday 22 June 2015

Retreat

In the first half of this month I spent eight days in the Jesuit retreat house in San Ignacio on a silent retreat. I had more or less zero human interaction for the whole time, with the significant exception of a daily conversation with Pa'i Oscar (a Jesuit and the parish priest of Santa Maria) to discuss my experiences that day and set the Bible texts for me to pray with on the next.

Part of the retreat house garden. This tree reminded me of autumn and spring all at once.

Writing about it properly would go rather beyond my general practice on this blog, so ask me in person sometime if you'd like to know more. Suffice to say it was a truly rewarding and important eight days for me.

My friend the tortoise, enjoying an avocado. I wrote a poem in Spanish about him (see what solitude does to you?)

The room I stayed in.



No comments:

Post a Comment